Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ouch

So I was not feeling well this morning and stayed home. The past month or so has been especially stressful.
I ran out of time for important things.
I put off some important things.
I put some important things on someone else's back burner - I know cause I can't even find it on mine.
I am tired in every way possible and it just caught up with me. I knew it was coming; but it still smacks with shock.
Just because I stayed home from church does not mean I didn't attend somewhere. I usually listen to Bob Coy's service before I head to my own church. They air the entire service on the Web so I get to participate in worship and hear a great heart-piercing sermon.
Today was no different. Here's one take away:
Have you ever wondered what Noah thought when he heard the ark close? When he knew it was too late for those outside the ark to be saved from themselves?
Pastor Bob didn't go the direction I will head now, but his thought made me think - Should we not be hearing the slam of the door everyday? For someone, it is too late. We don't have forever to make a difference, to make a decision.
And if we are Christ followers who are living like we aren't the slamming doors should be continuous. A thunderous sonic boom that echoes through eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment